Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Making Peer Gynt Costume

I really enjoy making, and this time I discovered my love for the college dye room. The jacket involved some complicated screen printing techniques, almost similar to that of marbling. I would splatter the different colored binders, similar to the painting techniques of Jackson Pollock and the go over the screen with the squeegee. It would take several layers in order to get the desired effect.
                The other challeng in making was the shoulder pads, I ended up having to build them out of a plastazote material. In order to get the stained glass window effect, I took a photocopy of a printed scarf and did a PVA transfer technique onto fabric, which was very time consuming. One great thing about my college is that it affords us students to experiment in non-traditional making techniques. Looking back, I feel proud in my varied techniques and experimentation.


No comments:

Post a Comment